Festival Date, Time, and Location
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Oak Street between Carrollton Ave & Leake Ave.
& Leonidas to Willow Street
New Orleans, Louisiana
Free admission, All welcome
Events & schedule for the 2015 Oak Street Po-Boy Fest:
•8am: The 2nd Annual PO-BOY FEST RACE: We're excited to announce the 2nd Annual Po Boy Fest Race! Burn all the calories you'll consume the rest of the day!
Meet at the levee on the corner of Leak Ave and Eagle St.
Registration begins at 7am day of race.
Race begins at 8am!
• 1:30pm: Oak Street History Center: Located at the Mater Dolorosa Parish House 1225 Dublin St.
Curated by Jerry Brock- Brock is best known in the Crescent City for his founding role in establishing and operating community radio station WWOZ-90.7 FM and the Louisiana Music Factory.
Speakers & Schedule:
The event begins at 1:30 pm. Location is the Parish House, 1225 Dublin Street. Each speaker will have an approximately 15min presentation followed by questions and answers from the audience.
- Jerry Brock - African religious symbolism in New Orleans Ironwork
- Justin Winston aka "Faruk Von Turk" - An over 50 year resident of Carrollton who was once curator of the New Orleans Jazz Museum before it became part of the State Museum. He will speak about Carrollton history, architecture and building contractors.
- Lynward "Buddy" Adams, longtime proprietor of the Family Barber Shop on Oak Street, a nonagenarian who grew up in Carrollton and will share some of his observances and life experiences.
- Big Chief Carl Reed - Big Chief of the Carrollton Hunters Mardi Gras Indian Gang who will share his story of growing up in Carrollton and history of the Carrollton Hunters.